Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trogdor Stout

I started brewing the Trogdor Stout three weekends ago. I went with the basic stout recipe from American Brewmaster, but added a secondary fermenting with 2oz of oak cubes for a week. I bottled last weekend and tested out my first bottle tonight. It was delicious except for the fact that it was basically flat. I've got a feeling that a lot of yeast settled out of the beer while it was aging in the oak so it didn't carbonate properly. I couldn't taste any of the priming sugar though, so it's possible that I didn't mix in the priming sugar well enough. I'll be able to tell for sure when I try the other bottles because the ones that did get enough priming sugar should be carbonated, assuming the yeast didn't all settle out. Anyways, I had a lot a fun making the label (based on this video):

Oh, and it ended up being right around 5% abv.


No comments:

Post a Comment